my heart belongs to avocado pita bread

Tuesday, February 09, 2016


I am by no means a professional cook but I do love experimenting with food and creating quick and easy nutritious meals that are fun and tasty. This avocado pita bread is one of my favorites.

Here is the recipe:

1 Whole Avocado
1 Piece of Whole Wheat Pita Bread
1T of Hemp Seeds*
1T of Pumpkin Seeds*
1/4 Teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper (Optional)
Salt & Pepper

Mash the avocado and spread on pita bread. I like to toast my pita bread just a little bit. Sprinkle seeds and red pepper on top. Add salt and pepper to taste and then eat till you hearts content.

Try it out and let me know what you think! Your taste buds will thank you. :) 

*Raw pumpkin seeds are a great source of fiber, which really helps the digestive system to run properly. They also contain a lot of protein -- each ounce of seeds provides almost 9 grams of protein.

*Hemp Seeds are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids and protein. They are one of the best brain foods or super foods and help with memory, cognition, cholesterol and blood pressure. They are jam packed with nutrients and are more easily digestible than any other protein, not to mention they taste amazing!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe